The Yocto Project Virtual Summit is a virtual technical conference for engineers, open source technologists, students and academia in the OSS space. This 3-day event is where individuals will learn about Yocto Projects’ direction — including, but not limited to, new releases, development tools, features — get training on the next wave of embedded Linux technologies (segment previously known as Yocto Project Developer Day), and network with their industry peers, Yocto Project maintainers, OpenEmbedded maintainers and experts.
Formerly known as the Yocto Project Developer Day, the Yocto Project Virtual Summit has an expanded scope which includes both workshops for engineers building customized Linux distributions and applications, as well as an open forum where maintainers, trainers, and users present papers on how the project is evolving and how they are using it.
There is also a Beginners Track for people who are new to Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded.
- Date: Nov. 30 – Dec. 2, 2021
- Time: 12:00 – 18:00 UTC
- Virtual Experience: The classes will be presented in Zoom. It will be highly interactive, with chat sessions, side rooms, teaching assistants, and hands-on exercises with live class accounts.
- Registration link
- Conference information Link
- Cost: $40 USD
- Group Discounts: If you have a group of 5 or more people, you can receive a 10% discount on all passes. All pass types must be the same, and all registrations must be processed under one group registration and must be paid with the same credit card. To create a group, select “Add Another Person” to your registration. When 5 or more people are added the 10% discount will be automatically applied. Please note: this discount may not be combined with any additional discounts. Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
Learn how Yocto Project-based software and new features, never seen before in the community, can help harness the power of automation and cross-compiling to overcome development barriers and formulate efficient approaches to follow CI/CD models, DevOps practices, cyber security requirements and more. Summit attendees will:
- Hear from Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded maintainers about current release topics such as automated testing, optimized builds, automated CVE analysis, SPDX license identifiers, automated recipe upgrades
- Attend sessions on DevOps, cyber security, containers, edge computing
- Gain hands-on experience with the Yocto Project infrastructure and tools
Attending the Yocto Project Summit will provide you with a strong base of knowledge around the Yocto Project developer tools and how they are being used in the industry.
- Closes: 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, Oct 19, 2021
- Notifications: Monday, Nov 1, 2021
- Slides Due Date: Tuesday, Nov 23, 2021
Submit your proposal
WHO CAN BENEFIT
- System/Software Developers
- Tech Leads / Development Leads
- Software Architects
- Chief Engineers
- System Engineers
- Development Engineers
- Embedded Engineers / Programmer
- DevOps / System Administrators
- Application Engineers
- Open Source Technologists
Please also read our Event Code of Conduct.