Yocto Project has become widely adopted in the industry, from semiconductor vendors, independent software vendors and services companies. An active development community is one of the components pushing the project forward. This program shows how the project values its outstanding contributors.
Being a Yocto Project Ambassador is a great accomplishment. You should be proud of it!
This recognition can be used to:
• highlight your Yocto Project expertise on your resume and employment applications;
• promote your business;
• add another layer to your expertise when submitting abstracts to CFPs opportunities;
Yocto Project Ambassador Criteria
A Yocto Project Ambassador will actively promote, create and deliver assets that drive technical audiences to adopt the Yocto Project. Nominations cannot be made based on future activity. Nominees should be active in any or all of the following categories:
Education and Teaching
1. Trains developers to use the Yocto Project, from junior colleagues to audiences of thousands via event speaking sessions.
2. Teaches Yocto Project workshops/labs/hands-on seminars, either as part of the advocacy outreach at the Yocto Project Developer Days and Summits, or as part of technical classes for an employer, or on other official channels.
3. Has the ability to bring across enthusiasm for the topic(s) they are teaching.
Communication and Community Outreach
1. Influences the broader developer community by passing on project knowledge
2. Helps produce content online in the form of articles, video content, presentations, or books.
3. Contributes to social media or other online channels which promote the project.
4. Understands what it takes to motivate technical audiences and translates that understanding into impactful actions that convert developer awareness into project participation.
Initiative and Technical Leadership
1. Participates in the development, code reviews, recipes or layer maintenance
2. Encourages developers to contribute and maintain project components and layers.
3. Proposes new outreach initiatives and has the ability to energize and excite technical audiences
4. Speaks at conferences, organizes events locally/online, runs workshops.
5. Contributes to project components, moderates forums and chats.
Are you interested in becoming an official Yocto Project Ambassador? In a nutshell – become a contributor, spread the word and teach.
Yocto Project Ambassador Recognition
As a token of appreciation for their ambassadorship, ambassadors will receive:
• Entry on the Yocto Project Ambassador Listing page on the Yocto Project website
• An official Yocto Project Ambassador recognition certificate
• Mention/roll call/shout-out at Yocto Project events
• Free invites to conferences Yocto Project workshops/labs/hands-on seminars
• Discounted passes to events Yocto Project is sponsoring (where made available by organizers)
• Yocto Project Ambassador swag
Yocto Project Ambassador Process
Nominations can be made throughout the year and should be submitted to the Yocto Project Advocacy group for review - firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations should contain: name, company, title, bio, Ambassador criteria achieved and evidence of the achievement.
Awards will be announced twice a year: March 31, October 31.