The Yocto Project has a friendly community providing informal support and discussion, and we welcome your contributions in our mailing lists and IRC channels. You can click one of the links below to sign up for a particular list. All lists are publicly archived.
Technical Mailing Lists
- Yocto Project Discussions (yocto): Discussion with Yocto Project developers - start here with general questions.
- Yocto Project Announcements (yocto-announce): Announcements of project developments and milestones. Low traffic.
- Builds (yocto-builds): Automated feed for autobuilder results.
- Poky Discussions (poky): Developer discussions about the Poky reference system.
- OpenEmbedded Core Developers: Developer discussions about the openembedded-core layer. *
- BitBake Developers: Developer discussions about BitBake. *
- Shoeleather Discussions (shoeleather): Discussion about the Shoeleather board farm project.
- Toaster: Discussion surrounding use and development of the web based interface for BitBake. (formerly webhob)
- Automated testing: Automated testing discussion list.
- Security: Security discussion list.
- Intel IoT Refkit: Developer discussions about the IoT Reference OS Kit.
- Eclipse Poky: Developer and user discussions about the Eclipse plugins for Yocto Project
BSP and Layer-Specific Lists
- linux-yocto: Discussion list for the linux-yocto layer, which hosts a tested Linux kernel.
- meta-amd: Discussion list for the meta-amd layer covering AMD architectures
- meta-ti: Discussion list for the meta-ti layer covering Texas Instruments architectures.
- meta-freescale: Discussion list for the meta-freescale layer covering Freescale architectures.
- meta-intel: Discussion list for the meta-intel layer covering Intel architectures.
- meta-mentor: Discsussion list for the meta-mentor layer, which contains a distro configuration and supplementary files for Mentor Embedded Linux.
- meta-virtualization: Discsussion list for the meta-virtualization layer enabling hypervisor, virtualization tool stack, and cloud support
- meta-xilinx: Discussion list for the meta-xilinx layer.
- meta-lsi: Discussion list for the meta-lsi layer.
Administrative Mailing Lists
- Yocto Project Advisory Board (yocto-ab): Discussion list for the Yocto Project Advisory Board. List membership is reserved for Advisory Board members.
- Advocacy (yocto-advocacy): List for the Yocto Project Advocacy working group. This list is for Advisory Board members who work on events and other forms of project advocacy and outreach.
- Infrastructure Interest Group (yocto-infrastructure): List for the Yocto Project Infrastructure working group. Not limited to Advisory Board members.
- BSP Interest Group (yocto-bsp): BSP interest group, for those creating BSPs.
For more information about how to participate in these discussions (and what not to do), you should read our Community Guidelines.