Targeted start date: Immediately.
1X designs androids built to benefit society. Since 2014, we’ve been building androids with the product design mindset of safety first, balanced performance, and smart behavior. Our mission is to build androids that work alongside people to meet the world’s labor demand and build an abundant society. Our wheeled model, EVE, is engineered to work with you, from guarding to logistics, and our bipedal model, NEO, is designed to become a general-purpose android, with a broad deployment in various applications, and, eventually, assisted living.
Founded in Moss, Norway, 1X has grown into an international team with offices around the globe. 1X envisions a bright new future: humans and androids, working and learning, Side by Side.
What You’ll Get By Joining Our Team
You can shape the future of humanoid robots
You will have the autonomy to improve all aspects of your technical skills
You’ll join an agile and diverse, global team
– Take on varied roles or tasks as needed, demonstrating a can-do attitude, especially in high-demand situations.
– Help with the ongoing maintenance, updates, and support for the operating system used within our hardware products.
– Take the lead in managing, optimizing, and securing our Terraform and Ansible-based cloud infrastructure.
– Set up, monitor, and manage CI/CD pipelines and runners to ensure seamless code integration and deployment.
– Help development teams for timely code releases, ensuring that every release adheres to quality standards.
– 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
– Proficiency in multiple programming languages: C/C++/Python/Java/Rust.
– Experience with Linux deployed in hardware products (e.g., IoT, robots, drones, automotive).
– Experience with product development in the context of release mechanisms, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
– Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
– Experience working with Bitbake and Yocto and supporting developer workflows.
– Experience with setting up CI pipelines and runners, infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible).
– Familiarity with a wide range of networking protocols, topologies, and architectures and their secure implementation.
– Familiarity with edge computing and its applications in IoT or other hardware products.
Introduction Stage – Initial conversations to get to know you better
[30m] Recruiter Screen with Win Yu
[45m] Hiring Manager Screen with Ralf Mayet
Team Interview Stage – we then dive into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team. This is also when you will do a take-home challenge
[60m] Technical Deep-Dive conversation with Ralf Mayet and team
Final Interview Stage – we move you to our final round
[15m] Expectation management with Ralf Mayet
[30m] Conversation with CEO Bernt Øivind Børnich
You are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
If you’re excited about this role, but not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Location: 1XHQ, Moss
Our new headquarter in Moss, Norway, is a short train ride from Oslo. 1XHQ offers food, showers, and outdoor activities. All employees are supported with a comprehensive relocation package to handle all logistics. Join us in Moss, where performance meets great company culture.
Joining our team means becoming a valued member of one of the biggest brands in humanoid robotics, where you’ll play a part in shaping the future of Androids.
Working at 1X
The ideas that express our team’s culture and how we work.
Collaboration is our driving force. Our team creates an open, trusting environment where everyone can be their most creative.
A world-changing team needs the brightest minds in every discipline. This is where people come to work, learn, and grow to their full potential.
Everything we do gets us closer to one ambitious vision: general-purpose androids helping people around the globe. We believe what we build today will impact generations.
1X is an inclusive and equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t hesitate to let us know during the interview process. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
We’re excited to have you on board!