[yocto] arm yocto-linux custom defconfig not working

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 06:47:22 PDT 2019

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:38 AM Pierluigi Greto <pierluigi.greto at bisdn.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to create a custom 4.14.49 linux kernel. In my recipe I have added my defconfig, but yocto it's not taking in consideration the defconfig. Instead it's building the kernel using the default values. Also the compilation task is to fast for building the kernel. My target system is an arm architecture (DEFAULTTUNE ?= "cortexa9").
> I have tried also to append this on my recipe but the result does not change:

Can you share your kernel recipe and layer(s) + defconfig ? Things are
working fine for me, but if I can see (and build) your recipes perhaps
something can be spotted.

Bruce

> do_compile_prepend() {
>      cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${B}/defconfig
>      cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${B}/.config
>      oe_runmake -C ${B} ARCH=${ARCH} ${S}/defconfig
> }
>
> If i try to "cheat" and add cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${S}/.config on the do_compile_prepend obviously make will not work: "kernel-source is not clean, please run 'make mrprop' ".
>
> Any suggestions is very welcome.
>
> Thank you,
> Pierluigi

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II