[yocto] arm yocto-linux custom defconfig not working

Pierluigi Greto pierluigi.greto at bisdn.de
Thu Jun 6 06:37:37 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have to create a custom 4.14.49 linux kernel. In my recipe I have
added my defconfig
<https://github.com/opencomputeproject/OpenNetworkLinux/blob/master/packages/base/any/kernels/4.14-lts/configs/armel-iproc-all/armel-iproc-all.config>,
but yocto it's not taking in consideration the defconfig. Instead it's
building the kernel using the default values. Also the compilation task
is to fast for building the kernel. My target system is an arm
architecture (DEFAULTTUNE ?= "cortexa9").
I have tried also to append this on my recipe but the result does not
change:

do_compile_prepend() {
      cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${B}/defconfig
      cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${B}/.config
      oe_runmake -C ${B} ARCH=${ARCH} ${S}/defconfig
}

If i try to "cheat" and add cp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${S}/.config on the
do_compile_prependobviously make will not work: "kernel-source is not
clean, please run 'make mrprop' ".

Any suggestions is very welcome.

Thank you,
Pierluigi