[yocto] wpewebkit, cog and libgles2

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Tue Jul 16 06:43:48 PDT 2019

Ross wrote...

>Well the libwpe build script says this:
>
>find_package(EGL REQUIRED)
>
>(https://github.com/WebPlatformForEmbedded/libwpe/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt)

I’m confused now as there appears to be two active meta layers that
support WPE WebKit. The one you reference meta-wpe and the one I was
originally using meta-webkit (https://github.com/Igalia/meta-webkit) as
that was the one that included Cog. Is one preferred to the other?

>Which suggests that you can't build it without EGL.  You should
>investigate whether EGL is simply an option, or whether it's used as a
>fundamental part of the rendering.  If it's optional then the Mesa
>recipe can build a software GL implementation, if the latter then
>you'll need a new browser as software GL is *terrible*.
I’m not wedded to Cog as a browser. I just need something that can
support HTML5 and Javascript as it will be running a single page
application (SPA) served from localhost.

-Andy.