[yocto] wpewebkit, cog and libgles2

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jul 16 05:59:52 PDT 2019

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 at 13:53, Andy Pont <andy.pont at sdcsystems.com> wrote:
> I am building for a Microchip (Atmel) SAMA5D2 using meta-atmel.  We don’t need OpenGL or 3D support - hence one of the reasons for picking the SAMA5D2 which doesn’t have a hardware GPU.
>
> The options appear to be to either add software OpenGL support to the configuration to resolve the dependency or tell wpewebkit not to want OpenGL support.

Well the libwpe build script says this:

find_package(EGL REQUIRED)

(https://github.com/WebPlatformForEmbedded/libwpe/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt)

Which suggests that you can't build it without EGL.  You should
investigate whether EGL is simply an option, or whether it's used as a
fundamental part of the rendering.  If it's optional then the Mesa
recipe can build a software GL implementation, if the latter then
you'll need a new browser as software GL is *terrible*.

Ross