[yocto] How to Install Third party rpm packages

chaitanya cherukuri ccvk.chaitanya at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:45:21 PST 2019

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.
In do_install(), I used rpm2cpio.sh to extract the rpm and then copied the
rpm contents in the right place.
        $rpm2cpio.sh *.rpm | cpio -idmv
I hope this is the right way to handle RPM packages.

RPM has a post-installation script that I need to handle. This script
executes after the installation of RPM. Could I know what is the efficient
way to run the script?

Thank you,
Chaitanya

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 5:57 PM Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 22:16, chaitanya cherukuri
> <ccvk.chaitanya at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do I need to write a recipe where I fetch this package?
>
> Yes, write a recipe that has SRC_URI as the original RPM, then you can
> write a do_install() to put the files in the right place, package it
> correctly, and so on.
>
> Just using the RPM as-is most likely won't work because the chances
> are your Yocto distribution isn't binary-compatible at the packaging
> level with whatever distribution the RPM was built for.
>
> Ross

Chaitanya