[yocto] How to Install Third party rpm packages

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Feb 22 14:57:40 PST 2019

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 22:16, chaitanya cherukuri
<ccvk.chaitanya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do I need to write a recipe where I fetch this package?

Yes, write a recipe that has SRC_URI as the original RPM, then you can
write a do_install() to put the files in the right place, package it
correctly, and so on.

Just using the RPM as-is most likely won't work because the chances
are your Yocto distribution isn't binary-compatible at the packaging
level with whatever distribution the RPM was built for.

Ross