[yocto] How to Install Third party rpm packages

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Feb 25 02:09:43 PST 2019

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 at 00:45, chaitanya cherukuri
<ccvk.chaitanya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the clarification.
> In do_install(), I used rpm2cpio.sh to extract the rpm and then copied the rpm contents in the right place.
>         $rpm2cpio.sh *.rpm | cpio -idmv
> I hope this is the right way to handle RPM packages.

Put the RPM in SRC_URI and bitbake will unpack it for you.

> RPM has a post-installation script that I need to handle. This script executes after the installation of RPM. Could I know what is the efficient way to run the script?

Easiest way is to just copy what it does into the recipe.  Assuming
that a postinst script for Fedora will work on your Yocto distribution
is a risky move, just like you wouldn't expect the script to run
without errors on Debian.

Ross