[yocto] Make one directory writeable

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Wed Feb 13 00:27:54 PST 2019

Hi Bhupendra,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:51:17PM +0530, Bhupendra Singh wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have built core-image-minimal  with read only rootfs  then now  I want to
> make one directory (like /mnt) writable.
>
> Is it possible to make one directory writeable in read only rootfs if yes
> ,please tell me how can I do same.

This is not exactly yocto specific, general linux concepts apply. You
can use a secondary, tertiary, ... partition or starage device and then
mount that as read-write. But it always has to be a seperate filesystem.
There is no way to make only one path of a given filesystem RW, it
always means that the whole filesystem is writeable.

Greetz
--
———————————————
Josef Holzmayr

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548