[yocto] Make one directory writeable

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Feb 13 02:08:11 PST 2019

As for the particular case of /mnt, on most images, /mnt is a symlink to
/media, and /media is (on) a filesystem in RAM, so it's already writeable.

If the write does not need to persist across reboots, use a tmpfs mount.

If your real problem is that you cannot create anything in /mnt (or /media for
modern users), the issue is that someone broke something in your image,
because that should work out of the box.