[yocto] Make one directory writeable

Ulf Samuelsson yocto at emagii.com
Wed Feb 13 00:22:19 PST 2019

You can use overlayfs for this. You mount the overlayfs on top of your rootfs and then it appear like you have a writeable file system.
In reality all the new  stuff is written to another (writeable) file system.
If you dismount the overlayfs, the rootfs reverts back to its original state.
If you again  mount the overlayfs, you get your modifications back.

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
+46 722 427 437