[yocto] Happy to be hear.

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue Feb 5 07:51:03 PST 2019

hey Mbha,

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 3:00 PM Matt-Klaus Mushi
<developer.mattklaus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings, to the brains behind the YoctoProject.
>
> My name is Mbah Matt-Klaus, an undergrad student from Cameroon.
> Our community here encourages contributing to OpenSource, and there have been a lot going on.

welcome to this mailing list, and thanks for your message!

> So, I went through a list of OS communities, and my greatest interest was in this community (due to my love for electronics and embedded systems). My excitement led me to watch a few videos, read from YoctoProject and consequently subscribe. Despite this, I am new to Yocto and Linux (I basically use Linux Mint on my dual-booted PC). I would appreciate any materials to get me up to speed (I program in Python and C++).

You've probably found by now the Yocto Project online documentation,
if you need help with that, please let me know.

A Linux PC is all you need to get started. You probably should try to
build your first images for QEMU and run them on your PC. The entire
project is extensively developed and tested using QEMU, so you don't
really need any additional hardware to get started. Once you are
familiar with building and running your images, you could have a look
at Bugzilla and browse through the open issues, and try to pick one of
them. That's a good way to start with something concrete.