[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW06'19

sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 07:48:12 PST 2019

Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M3

Next Deadline: YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff is Feb. 25, 2019

SWAT Team Rotation:

*	SWAT lead is currently: Anuj
*	SWAT team rotation: Anuj -> Paul on Feb. 8, 2019
*	SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross on Feb. 15, 2019
*	 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*	YP 2.6.1 was released on Feb. 4, 2019.
*	YP 2.7 M2 was built and is in QA and is 79% done.  See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.7_QA_Status
*	Some major recipe upgrades merged (glibc, binutils, llvm)
*	Some "prework" patches for various series merged (util-linux,
virtgl) but the main series are still pending development or review
*	Various ptest-runner and ptest runtime testing integration fixes
merged but many problems with the tests remain no volunteers to help resolve
issues.
*	We're seeing test failures which highlight major problems with the
archiver class, in particular the src.rpm component of it. I've proposed we
remove it, if you do care about it please step up and help fix it else it
will be removed. The src.rpm support is limited anyhow and likely to mislead
user expectations so removing it may be a good thing.
*	The recipe reporting system integration with the layer index is now
complete and available at:
<https://layers.openembedded.org/rrs/recipes/OE-Core/2.7/M3/>
https://layers.openembedded.org/rrs/recipes/OE-Core/2.7/M3/. Historical data
has not yet been imported to it.
*	The project autobuilder is running at slightly reduced capacity (but
not functionality) due to hardware failures.
*	The project is considering moving its mailing list hosting to
groups.io, if anyone has any experience of that, positive or negative please
let Michael, Nico and Richard know
*	We're becoming seriously concerned about the lack of response to the
last round of AUH patches

Planned Releases for YP 2.7:

*	YP 2.7 M2 is built and in QA.
*	YP 2.7 M2 Release Target is Feb. 1, 2019
*	YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff is Feb. 25, 2019
*	YP 2.7 M3 Release Target is Mar. 8, 2019
*	YP 2.7 M4 Cutoff is Apr. 1, 2019
*	YP 2.7 M4 Release Target is Apr. 26, 2019

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 2.5.3 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M2 is done.
*	YP 2.5.4 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M4 is done.
*	YP 2.6.2 (Thud) will be targeted after YP 2.5.4 is done.

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2356 (last week 2393) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1572 (last week 1583
*	Patches in the Pending State: 678 (43%) [last week 677 (43%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Schedule>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Schedule

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Features>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Project Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:               <mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com