[yocto] [SDK] including kernel devsrc to the SDK failes

Måns Zigher mans.zigher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 01:28:45 PDT 2018

So it looks like the number of /bin/awk have increased so the patch will
fix one problem but there is more to fix. I have a "workaround" even though
I am not so sure it is a workaround or not. The problem is fixed adding to
kernel-devsrc.bbappend

do_install_append() {
# This fixes the rpm dependency failure on install of kernel-devsrc
depending on /bin/awk
cd ${D} || true
for i in $(grep -srI "!/bin/awk" | cut -d":" -f1); do
sed -i -e "s#!/bin/awk#!/usr/bin/env awk#g" $i
done
}

The original solution can be found at

https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=AGL/meta-agl.git;a=blobdiff;f=meta-agl-bsp/meta-ti/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-ti-staging_%25.bbappend;h=43fa494a26c132b875c177acf0389163d5e34c06;hp=b2e5431400acef0a5372e5490ac4f464482d4b3b;hb=4bfc821810cdee47611c6d3e94d771971f51fa75;hpb=1cf6b17fd15fde569374c85d4df722784f4e9c67

The best solution might be to add kernel patches but since the number of
/bin/awk have increased I think that this is fine in the kernel universe
but a problem in poky universe. So by adding it to kernel-devsrc it will
make sure that when the kernel get's tainted in the future it will not
break the rpm build. This is a "bug" only when using rpm ipk will not
detect it as a problem.

BR
Måns Zigher