[yocto] [SDK] including kernel devsrc to the SDK failes

Måns Zigher mans.zigher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 04:19:34 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to add the kernel devsrc to the SDK but I am getting the
following error

Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides /bin/awk needed by kernel-devsrc-1.0-r0.imx8mqevk

I have applied the following patch to try and fix this problem.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto/commit/?id=8af11c1cdd8fa08217e702b57cf96e9030db52b2

I have verified that it was applied and run kernel-devsrc works. The error
is from do_populate_sdk and I am suspecting that the problem is related to
me using rpm. I believe rpm might be to smart in this case detecting the
dependency and resulting dnf from failing when running the task
do_populate_sdk. Any suggestion on how to get forward on this error. I
would like to run dnf manually to check any dependency of the kernel-devsrc
rpm package but cannot figure out how.

BR
Måns Zigher