[yocto] [SDK] including kernel devsrc to the SDK failes

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Fri Oct 26 06:54:03 PDT 2018

On 10/26/2018 4:28 AM, Måns Zigher wrote:
> So it looks like the number of /bin/awk have increased so the patch will
> fix one problem but there is more to fix. I have a "workaround" even
> though I am not so sure it is a workaround or not. The problem is fixed
> adding to kernel-devsrc.bbappend
>
> do_install_append() {
> # This fixes the rpm dependency failure on install of kernel-devsrc
> depending on /bin/awk
> cd ${D} || true
> for i in $(grep -srI "!/bin/awk" | cut -d":" -f1); do
> sed -i -e "s#!/bin/awk#!/usr/bin/env awk#g" $i
> done
> }
>
> The original solution can be found at
>
> https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=AGL/meta-agl.git;a=blobdiff;f=meta-agl-bsp/meta-ti/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-ti-staging_%25.bbappend;h=43fa494a26c132b875c177acf0389163d5e34c06;hp=b2e5431400acef0a5372e5490ac4f464482d4b3b;hb=4bfc821810cdee47611c6d3e94d771971f51fa75;hpb=1cf6b17fd15fde569374c85d4df722784f4e9c67
>
> The best solution might be to add kernel patches but since the number of
> /bin/awk have increased I think that this is fine in the kernel universe
> but a problem in poky universe. So by adding it to kernel-devsrc it will
> make sure that when the kernel get's tainted in the future it will not
> break the rpm build. This is a "bug" only when using rpm ipk will not
> detect it as a problem.

I'm ok with this type of solution as well, since this is similar
to what we've had to do with perf in the past (sed and modify versus
patching). I can always patch and fix things in linux-yocto, but then
another other kernel still suffers the issue.

It would be better if folks with this problem also send patches upstream
to allow us to vary the location of awk via a variable, since that would
eventually fix all kernels without needing any modifications .. but that
is a medium term time play, versus doing the sed operation.

If you have a patch to kernel-devsrc in master, feel free to send it
and cc' me, and I can pull it into my queue, test and then send it in
my next pull request.

Bruce