[yocto] Busybox_1.23.2 fails at do_compile on Poky-Sumo

Dhanush K.S dhanush.ks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 02:58:59 PDT 2018

Hello Yocto,

I'm currently building an image with the busybox_1.23.2.bb recipe included,
using Yocto Sumo 2.5 with the Bitbake version 1.37.0. It is running on a
CentOS host building images for the target ARM cortexa8. This busybox
recipe is placed in another custom layer. Though this recipe compiles
without errors in Poky-Fido, in Poky-Sumo I get compilation errors due to
missing header files. Please take a look at the link below for the
log.do_compile output.

https://pastebin.com/yYXJnC2e

Both limits.h and byteswap.h don't exist in Poky-Fido as well, but compiles
without problems, unlike on Sumo. Does this have to do with the wrong
Toolchains used or due to glibc (FYI: glibc_2.27 is been used)? If it has
to do with the Toolchains, which one should I be using and how do I go
about it? Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Here is the Build Config:

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION           = "1.37.0"
BUILD_SYS            = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING      = "universal-4.8"
TARGET_SYS           = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE              = "arm-cortex-a8"
DISTRO               = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION       = "2.5"
TUNE_FEATURES        = "arm armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa8"
TARGET_FPU           = "hard"
meta-networking
meta-python          = "master:45ee3c0e98bd3ed81419aaeae1e7324e486161a2"
meta-userbsp-ti
meta
meta-poky
meta-yocto-bsp
meta-user-common      = "<unknown>:<unknown>"
meta-oe              = "master:45ee3c0e98bd3ed81419aaeae1e7324e486161a2"
workspace            = "<unknown>:<unknown>"

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,
Dhanush