[yocto] QA cycle report for 2.6 M4 RC1

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Sat Nov 10 08:31:27 PST 2018

On 11/10/18 11:25 AM, richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 09:24 +0000, Jain, Sangeeta wrote:
>>
>> This is the full report for 2.6 M4 RC1:
>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW44_-_2018-10-30_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.6_M4_RC1
>
> Thanks Sangeeta and team!
>
> Now we have the QA report for YP 2.6 M4 rc1 (Final 2.6) we need to make
> a release go or nogo decision. To do this we have the following:
>
> QA Report: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW44_-_2018-10-30_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.6_M4_RC1
> Release Criteria: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.6_Status#Milestone_4.2FFinal_-_Target_Oct._26.2C_2018
>
> We'd be happy to take representations from members and the community to
> help reach that decision.
>
> My personal view is that whilst there are a number of issues present in
> rc1, we should release it, collect up fixes on the thud branch (aleady
> happening) and plan on a 2.6.1 as soon as it looks like we have enough
> critical mass behind those as opposed to an rc2 and further delays to
> the release.

Despite the fact that there are a few release criteria that are not
in the 'Done' state yet, I approve of releasing YP-2.6M4 on the
condition that the Docs and Web site criteria are taken care of
before release.

I have reviewed the open bugs. Several are resolved or will be soon and
the ones that remain appear to be either limited in impact such
as 12974/systemtap or are likely due to builder problems such
as 12991/webkitgtk on the build appliance.

Build time tests have crept up somewhat for the rootfs and eSDK
tests but not so dramatically that I would suggest blocking GA.
We haven't had anyone investigate the root cause yet AFAIK but
that can happen post-release and noted in the release notes.

The package update status is unknown due to the tracker being down
but in M3 we were at 81% done so we're still in a good albeit
unquantified state.

What are the plans for the Documentation checks and Wiki/Web
site update? That needs to be 'Done' but I expect it will
be taken care of in the coming days.

../Randy

--
# Randy MacLeod