[yocto] QA cycle report for 2.6 M4 RC1

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Nov 10 08:25:50 PST 2018

On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 09:24 +0000, Jain, Sangeeta wrote:

> This is the full report for 2.6 M4 RC1:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW44_-_2018-10-30_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.6_M4_RC1

Thanks Sangeeta and team!

Now we have the QA report for YP 2.6 M4 rc1 (Final 2.6) we need to make
a release go or nogo decision. To do this we have the following:

QA Report: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW44_-_2018-10-30_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.6_M4_RC1
Release Criteria: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.6_Status#Milestone_4.2FFinal_-_Target_Oct._26.2C_2018

We'd be happy to take representations from members and the community to
help reach that decision.

My personal view is that whilst there are a number of issues present in
rc1, we should release it, collect up fixes on the thud branch (aleady
happening) and plan on a 2.6.1 as soon as it looks like we have enough
critical mass behind those as opposed to an rc2 and further delays to
the release.

Cheers,

Richard