[yocto] Busybox_1.23.2 fails at do_compile on Poky-Sumo

Uwe Geuder jrswdnan22 at snkmail.com
Sun Nov 4 04:41:44 PST 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:03 AM Dhanush K.S dhanush.ks-at-gmail.com wrote:

> Hello Yocto,
>
> I'm currently building an image with the busybox_1.23.2.bb recipe
> included, using Yocto Sumo 2.5 with the Bitbake version 1.37.0. It is
> running on a CentOS host building images for the target ARM
> cortexa8. This busybox recipe is placed in another custom
> layer. Though this recipe compiles without errors in Poky-Fido, in
> Poky-Sumo I get compilation errors due to missing header files. I have
> pasted a part of the log.do.compile file with the error.

Well, Fido sounds very old, long before I started to use Yocto :) It was
probably before recipe-specific sysroots so a lot has changed.  On the
other hand byteswap.h, which it complains about, comes from glibc and
that you should have.  Maybe it's complicated in your case by a platform
specific implmentation I don't happen to have here right now.

Do you have a reason to build such an old busybox recipe? I get version
1.27.2 from meta (i.e. oe-core) and it builds.

Also your bitbake 1.37.0 indicates that you are not running the latest
Sumo 2.5.1 which has bitbake 1.38.0. Although I don't really expect that
it would solve your issue here, updating to 2.5.1 should be painless if
you are on 2.5 already.

Uwe Geuder
Neuro Event Labs Oy
Tampere, Finland