[yocto] smartpm "already installed" issue

Máté Tüske matetuske at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 15:51:43 PDT 2018

Hello,

I just created an rpm repo for my morty yocto os. The problem is that every
new package installation is failed because the dependencies "are already
installed". E.g.:

error: package libc6-2.24-r0.arm1176jzfshf_vfp is already installed

In the repo there is the same package that is locally installed. I cannot
reinstall either with the package not found error. I found this error as a
really similar issue:
http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-February/132320.html
but this patch is included in my yocto build system. Now I'm stuck, because
I found no further hint about this problem.
Any idea?

Regards,
Matthew