[yocto] [OE-core] OEDAM @ SCaLE 2019

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 08:57:22 PDT 2018

Morning Trevor,

On 11/1/18 7:27 PM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 3:56 PM Jon Mason <jdmason at kudzu.us
> <mailto:jdmason at kudzu.us>> wrote:
>
>     I am planning on being at SCaLE (assuming the OEDEM happens there).
>
>     Many corporate travel budgets are tied to presenting at conferences.
>     So, if we could somehow get a track there (which might be too late in
>     the game to do now), then we might be able to get enough people
>     present to make it happen and pull in others whose budget is more
>     flexible.
>

> As it turns out, I'll be organising the YP/OE Miniconf that will most
> likely be run on the Sunday. I was going to send out a separate email
> discussing the Miniconf, but I guess now is as good a time as any :-)

I would like a some clarification. As fas as the OE Board knows, we had
one room available on Sunday. Is this the same room or did you find some
other space at the venue? I am a bit confused about the messaging. The
subject and Jon's statement are all about OEDaM but your addition to
this tread is about a Miniconf. Is the Miniconf a separate thing?

> While it's true that the CFP has closed for SCaLE, I plan to open my
> own CFP specifically for the Miniconf, and I don't plan to close it
> until closer to the conference itself. I want to encourage people to
> give talks about current things, as such, having a CFP close this
> early wouldn't do.
>
> We haven't decided on a format for the Miniconf, exactly, if we have
> traditional talks, we'll have 6 sessions (2 before lunch, 4 after).
> But depending on interest and what sort of proposals we get, we might
> do some longer, some shorter talks.

May I ask who "We" are? AFAIK, Behan and Tom are doing a *-ale tracks at
Scale.

- armin