[yocto] [OE-core] OEDAM @ SCaLE 2019

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:27:32 PDT 2018

Hi Jon,

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 3:56 PM Jon Mason <jdmason at kudzu.us> wrote:

> I am planning on being at SCaLE (assuming the OEDEM happens there).
>
> Many corporate travel budgets are tied to presenting at conferences.
> So, if we could somehow get a track there (which might be too late in
> the game to do now), then we might be able to get enough people
> present to make it happen and pull in others whose budget is more
> flexible.

As it turns out, I'll be organising the YP/OE Miniconf that will most
likely be run on the Sunday. I was going to send out a separate email
discussing the Miniconf, but I guess now is as good a time as any :-)

While it's true that the CFP has closed for SCaLE, I plan to open my own
CFP specifically for the Miniconf, and I don't plan to close it until
closer to the conference itself. I want to encourage people to give talks
about current things, as such, having a CFP close this early wouldn't do.

We haven't decided on a format for the Miniconf, exactly, if we have
traditional talks, we'll have 6 sessions (2 before lunch, 4 after). But
depending on interest and what sort of proposals we get, we might do some
longer, some shorter talks.

 I hope this helps. Best regards,
    Trevor