[yocto] Debugging race conditions in image creation

Alan Martinovic alan.martinovic at senic.com
Tue May 29 01:22:41 PDT 2018

Hi,
I'm building multiple images with the same invocation of the bitbake command.

When building them one by one, everything works ok.
However when they are both executed in the same time,
issues occur during do_image_sdimg.

The issue seems to be related to a missing bootloader file (they both
depend on the exact same bootloader):
    images/senic-hub/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin.1

I'm guessing one image is trying to use the file while the other one
is deleting it or something, so probably some dependency related
issues in the recipes.

My questions is do you have suggestions on how to debug it?
Is there a global ordered list of executed tasks so I could see what
might be happening in parallel or before the issue happens?

Or can I explicitly set that a recipe shouldn't be parallelised?

Be Well,
Alan