[yocto] RDEPENDS is ignored when building rootfs

Raphaël TILLET rtillet at free.fr
Wed Mar 28 08:00:37 PDT 2018

Hi,

I’m using « Pyro », and have built a very simple recipe. The build program Inside the recipe needs « libncurses.so » at run time, so I have added to my recipe the following :
- DEPENDS_{PN} = « ncurses »
- RDEPENDS_${PN}= «  ncurses-libform »

The build is ok, but my final RootFs does not contain the expected « libncurses.so » Library.

The only way to force the build to include « libncurses.so » in the rootfs is to add « ncurses-libform » to my « IMAGE_INSTALL » in « my local.conf » file, and normally I should not have to do this…..

I’ve search the web, and the RDEPENDS should be the right method, and I did not find an explanation of such behavior.

Any idea or suggestion ?

Thanks for your feedback or advice.

Raphaël.