[yocto] RDEPENDS is ignored when building rootfs

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Mar 28 08:57:17 PDT 2018

On 28 March 2018 at 16:00, Raphaël TILLET <rtillet at free.fr> wrote:
> I’m using « Pyro », and have built a very simple recipe. The build program
> Inside the recipe needs « libncurses.so » at run time, so I have added to my
> recipe the following :
>
> DEPENDS_{PN} = « ncurses »
> RDEPENDS_${PN}= «  ncurses-libform »
>

> The build is ok, but my final RootFs does not contain the expected «
> libncurses.so » Library.
>

> The only way to force the build to include « libncurses.so » in the rootfs
> file, and normally I should not have to do this…..

If your application links to libncurses normally then you won't need
to do RDEPENDS at all, because the dependency will be added
automatically.

libncurses.so.5 is actually in ncurses-libncurses, so that is what you
should add to RDEPENDS if your application dlopen()s ncurses instead
of linking.

Ross