[yocto] Bitbake problems recognizing the latest version of a repo

Jakob Hasse jakob.hasse at smart-home-technology.ch
Wed Mar 28 04:41:33 PDT 2018

Hello,

Right now it's still a mystery for me when bitbake builds the latest
version of a repository and why. I make changes in my code and whether I
commit them or not, sometimes bitbake builds a package with the recent
version, sometimes with an old version.
So my strategy is doing mock changes (adding whitespaces, "enhencing"
documentation) and adding signed commits as well as forcing a PR in the
recipe and re-running bitbake until it works somehow (I heard the
bitbake prefers the signed commits somehow could not verify this yet).

Hence, I would like to know what I have to do to build only the latest
version of a repository...
1. When it's local on my computer (with EXTERNALSRC_BUILD_pn-<package> =
"/home/some/local/location/" in local.conf),
2. When I build from a github or any remote repository.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jakob

--
Jakob Hasse