[yocto] IMX6Q add new sound simple sound card

Riccardo Casagrande riccardo.casagrande at multiconn.it
Thu Jul 5 08:07:40 PDT 2018

Hello all,

I'm new to Linux/Yocto world. I'm working on iMX6Q and I need to add a new sound card and recognized from alsamixer.
I spent days on internet looking for examples and tutorials but at the moment alsa never see my sound card.
This is one of the tutorials I followed https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v4.5/source/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/simple-card.txt

What I've done?
- Activated support for generic sound board on menuconfig
- Added new "sound" node in device tree file with minimal properties/subnotes
- Compiled the kernel
- Compiled and flashed the image

but alsamixer still doesn't recognize my sound card, what am I missing?

Thanks.