[yocto] Tracking changes in image

Bryan Fishell bryan.fishell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 08:12:29 PDT 2018

Hi,
I want to be able to track different parts of my image, accessible from
within userspace so I can programmatically (via an environment variable or
something) what version of my patches have been applied. Ultimately, I want
to be able to answer questions from the field to know 'what changed' in a
deployed image. Is there already a method to do this? For example, our
project has u-boot, a zImage and rootfs. Is there a way to tell the patched
version (from my layer) for each of those so I can connect what is in the
field to what is in my layer in version control?

Thanks in advance