[yocto] Building kernel backports for ARM with Yocto

Marlon Smith marlon.smith10 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 15:13:49 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build the Linux backports project to get updated wifi
drivers on an older kernel.  The problem is that when building
backports, it first builds several tools that need to be run natively
before cross-compiling the rest of the project.

I know how to write a bitbake recipe to compile natively, and how to
write one to build for the target, but I can't figure out how to
combine the two.  The backports project has steps for LTIB:

 %Build
 export PATH=$UNSPOOF_PATH

 make menuconfig prefix=%{_prefix} \
   CROSS_COMPILE=${TOOLCHAIN_PATH}/bin/${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX} \
   ARCH=$LINTARCH KLIB=${TOP}/rootfs/lib/modules/%{kversion} \
   KLIB_BUILD=${TOP}/rpm/BUILD/linux

 export PATH=$SPOOF_PATH

 make prefix=%{_prefix} \
   CROSS_COMPILE=${TOOLCHAIN_PATH}/bin/${TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX} \
   ARCH=$LINTARCH KLIB=${TOP}/rootfs/lib/modules/%{kversion} \
   KLIB_BUILD=${TOP}/rpm/BUILD/linux

I believe what I need is an equivalent to the line export
PATH=$UNSPOOF_PATH but I can't find anything in the Yocto documentation
or mailing lists that would be equivalent to that.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Marlon