[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] errors in tools-testapps when targeting raspberrypi3

Steve Pavao stevep at korgrd.com
Wed Oct 18 14:10:00 PDT 2017

Hello,

When I target raspberrypi3 and have tools-testapps listed in EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES in my local.conf, build errors occur.

The errors come from the building of mesa-demos and gst-player.  If I remove those targets from packagegroup-core-tools-testapps.bb, I don’t get errors.

The errors seem to relate to required settings of these variables in local.conf to match available packages:

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/egl
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles1
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgl
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/mesa

I tried setting these all to the value “mesa”, but then the gstreamer build seemed to demand a value of “userland” for at least one of the variables.  I wasn’t able to resolve the conflict.

Could someone please reply with the proper value of these and other configuration variables possibly needed to complete this build without having to hack packagegroup-core-tools-testapps.bb like I did, or else supply a proper fix?

Here are my local.conf settings of interest.  I’m building in pyro branch for everything, at current head.

MACHINE ??= “raspberrypi3"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " apt gdbserver perfcnt-enable mdns"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ?= "debug-tweaks x11-base tools-debug tools-testapps ssh-server-dropbear package-management"

- Steve Pavao
Korg R&D