[yocto] [AUH] Upgrade status: 2017-10-18

Leonardo Sandoval leonardo.sandoval.gonzalez at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 18 06:14:53 PDT 2017

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 14:29:08 +0300
Alexander Kanavin <alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On 10/18/2017 02:08 PM, auh at auh.yoctoproject.org wrote:
> >      TOTAL: attempted=147 succeeded=25(17.01%) failed=122(82.99%)
>
> With this kind of success rate, should we continue to run and develop
> the thing?
>
> I think it's better to just send notifications to maintainers without
> attempting to update anything, as most of the time version updates need
> manual rebasing of patches or other tweaks anyway.
>
> I've submitted a small script to do just that:
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2017-October/143510.html
>
> Instead, I'd rather see RRS fixed/improved - lots of issues there, some
> of them very old.

About the AUH/RSS, this is an important point to discuss on the 2.5 planning and the best way is to point those old bugs in this phase.

In the upgrade area, 'devtool upgrade' helps a lot in the starting phase of the upgrade (rebasing patches old version into new version) but as you mentioned, upgrades are not as easy as changing the revisions and of course once it 'builds', manual testing is needed, at least the basic stuff.

Leonardo Sandoval <leonardo.sandoval.gonzalez at linux.intel.com>