[yocto] How to add support for "usb WIFI dongle"?

Jerry Lian jerry.lian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 07:00:27 PST 2017

Thanks Alan, I follow your instruction and it works eventually!

But I got another question:

   - I am using official Raspberry-PI WIFI dongle (BCM43143)
   - I configure kernel so that driver "brcm80211" is enabled, however,
   WIFI is not working.
   - Then I add driver "ipw2x00", then WIFI works.
   - So my question, why do we need both "ipw2x00" and "brcm80211" for
   official Raspberry-PI WIFI dongle?
   - (Sometimes the WIFI dongle works if I add drivers: "brcm80211,
   iwlwifi, rt2x00", without "ipw2x00", so I am really confused!)

Thanks!

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Alan Martinovic <alan.martinovic at senic.com