[yocto] Generating Package/Image Developer Documentation

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 21 01:56:04 PST 2017

On 11/20/2017 09:53 PM, Koehler, Yannick wrote:
>    The image would then install those documentation in the sysroot under some folder, maybe /usr/share/devdoc/<packagename>/ and potentially create a tarball of this documentation.
>
>     Anyway, let me know if something similar pre-exists or if such a project has been started somehow please, as I would like to contribute/participate.

Yes. Add "api-documentation" to DISTRO_FEATURES and you will get
manpages and gtk-doc based documentation generated, packaged and added
to SDKs. It will slow down the build significantly, so use with care.

I considered adding doxygen support as well, but generating and
installing that needs to be hand-crafted for each recipe, and so it
wasn't done. You are welcome to work on that, subject to
api-documentation being enabled. I have a recipe for doxygen itself here:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=akanavin/enable-doxygen

Alex