[yocto] Generating Package/Image Developer Documentation

Koehler, Yannick yannick.koehler at hpe.com
Mon Nov 20 11:53:15 PST 2017

Hi,

  I would like to know if there exists a way to build a set of package Developer documentation.  For example, many of our package are written in C/C++ and use Doxygen to generate API reference.  I understand that yocto/bitbake has some support for user documentation such as info and man pages.  I was wondering if there was more to it.

  The way I would like it to work would be to have in the image's recipe a different variable then IMAGE_INSTALL which would serve the same purpose maybe DEVAPI_INSTALL and would go through those package only and call a task such as "do_build_devdoc" and maybe "do_install_devdoc", then packaging it into a FILES_*-devdoc set of instruction so that I may packages files at the end containing those docs.

  The image would then install those documentation in the sysroot under some folder, maybe /usr/share/devdoc/<packagename>/ and potentially create a tarball of this documentation.

   Anyway, let me know if something similar pre-exists or if such a project has been started somehow please, as I would like to contribute/participate.

--
Yannick Koehler