[yocto] BBMASK not working for me?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 1 17:03:30 PST 2017

Hi Chris,

On Thursday, 2 March 2017 11:31:42 AM NZDT chris warth wrote:
> Thanks, all.  I wanted to share the solution.
>
> This vendor-supplied version of yocto looks like 2.0, so the space
> separated expressions are not available.
> After putting some print statements in cooker.py I discovered that
> appending to BBMASK in conf/bblayers.conf or conf/local.conf has no
> effect.  It was not until I modified BBMASK_forcevariable in my
> conf/bblayers.conf  that I saw any change in behavior.
>
> BBMASK_forcevariable = ".*openjre|.*openjdk|.*qemu_qoriq"
>
> This inability to modify BBMASK unless using _forcevariable was also
> noted last year.
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2016-September/032033.html

That sounds strange. Did you use bitbake -e | less to see where your non-
forcevariable setting was being overridden? More than likely you have a layer
or some other configuration you're bringing in and that's simply setting it
with = at some point later in parsing than local.conf. The history of the
BBMASK variable shown through bitbake -e will tell you exactly where that is.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton