[yocto] BBMASK not working for me?

chris warth cswarth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 17:14:13 PST 2017

Thank you, Paul.  I didn't know about bitbake -e.
As you predicted, it shows that an earlier layer is setting BBMASK
with equals, in this case the
meta-freescale layer.

BBMASK=".*openjre|.*openjdk"

Should I be mad at the vendor for being careless?
Is BBMASK_forcevariable the right workaround for this?
Or is there some layer priority scheme beyond the ordering in the
bblayers.conf file that I should playing nice with?

Thanks for your help, really!

- Chris