[yocto] BBMASK not working for me?

chris warth cswarth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:31:42 PST 2017

Thanks, all.  I wanted to share the solution.

This vendor-supplied version of yocto looks like 2.0, so the space
separated expressions are not available.
After putting some print statements in cooker.py I discovered that
appending to BBMASK in conf/bblayers.conf or conf/local.conf has no
effect.  It was not until I modified BBMASK_forcevariable in my
conf/bblayers.conf  that I saw any change in behavior.

BBMASK_forcevariable = ".*openjre|.*openjdk|.*qemu_qoriq"

This inability to modify BBMASK unless using _forcevariable was also
noted last year.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2016-September/032033.html