[yocto] Crosscompile packages (ipk) based on SDK

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:57:41 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Manuel Geeler <geeler at identech.ch> wrote:
> Hello community,
>
> I got an image and the corresponding SDK for a hardware based on an iMX6
> processor. With this setup I was able to crosscompile a simple "Hello World"
> program on the development machine (Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS), install and run it
> on the target.
>
> I then started to look deeper into yocto and realized that there's the opkg
> package manager available in the image.
>
> Now comes my question, how can I build *.ipk packages on my development
> machine, which will then run on my target?

yes you can. you can setup a feedserver pointing to tmp/deploy/ipk in
your workspace

something as simple as cd tmp/deploy/ipk && python3 -m http.server 8000

will do it. Once you have it then setup the feed on your device to
point to this server
something like

https://github.com/cbrake/oe-build/blob/master/envsetup.sh#L480-L489

then you can do normal opkg operations

if you are able to rebuild the whole image then step to edit feed
confs is not needed
you can add

PACKAGE_FEED_URIS = "http://<ip>:<port>/" in local.conf

where ip is the local address of your build machine and port is the
port on which you
are starting the http server.