[yocto] Crosscompile packages (ipk) based on SDK

Manuel Geeler geeler at identech.ch
Thu Jul 27 07:43:21 PDT 2017

Hello community,

I got an image and the corresponding SDK for a hardware based on an iMX6 processor. With this setup I was able to crosscompile a simple "Hello World" program on the development machine (Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS), install and run it on the target.

I then started to look deeper into yocto and realized that there's the opkg package manager available in the image.

Now comes my question, how can I build *.ipk packages on my development machine, which will then run on my target?

The image is based on poky 2.1.

My endgoal is to run node.js and node red on the target.

Can someone please point me to the right direction?

Thanks a lot in advance.

regards

Manuel

Manuel Geeler