[yocto] Crosscompile packages (ipk) based on SDK

Manuel Geeler geeler at identech.ch
Thu Jul 27 09:05:32 PDT 2017

Hello Raj,

thank you for your input. This solves the problem of bringing the packages to the target once I havt the packages. But I'm still challenged with how to create the packages in the first place.

Do I need to have my own yocto installation to setup along the SDK? Will such a setup be able to build me *ipk packages without knowing the original settings for the image in the first place? Are the information to build the buildsystem somwhere hidden in the SDK?

Thank you

Manuel