[yocto] Correct way to use a custom bsp .scc file in morty

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Jan 19 15:24:30 PST 2017

On 2017-01-19 6:20 PM, George McCollister wrote:
> What's the correct way to use a custom bsp .scc file located in my
> custom bsp layer? For purposes of this email let's say it's name is
> myplatform-preempt-rt.scc. If I specifically add it to the
> yocto-linux-rt_4.4 SRC_URI it appears to get processed twice by scc
> according to the meta-series output file. It then tries to apply
> patches to standard/preempt-rt/base that don't apply. When building on
> a intel-core2-32 platform, intel-core2-32-preempt-rt.scc only gets
> processed once and no incorrect patches are applied.

Something could have broken, I never rule out bugs!

Morty had some different semantics than the newer branches (which
are simplified compared to the auto-resume logic in old releases).

That being said, the capability to have a BSP description in the
SRC_URI is there, and did work during that release cycle. To have
it work, you do need the right format in the BSP .scc file, in
particular something with the KMACHINE and KTYPE descriptions will
be seen as an entry point, and not trigger the re-application of
the inherited patches.

Is there any way that I can see the contents of that .scc file ?
Otherwise, I can spin up a morty build and mock something up
myself.

Bruce