[yocto] Correct way to use a custom bsp .scc file in morty

George McCollister george.mccollister at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 06:19:13 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Bruce Ashfield
<bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:
> On 2017-01-19 6:20 PM, George McCollister wrote:
>>
>> What's the correct way to use a custom bsp .scc file located in my
>> custom bsp layer? For purposes of this email let's say it's name is
>> myplatform-preempt-rt.scc. If I specifically add it to the
>> yocto-linux-rt_4.4 SRC_URI it appears to get processed twice by scc
>> according to the meta-series output file. It then tries to apply
>> patches to standard/preempt-rt/base that don't apply. When building on
>> a intel-core2-32 platform, intel-core2-32-preempt-rt.scc only gets
>> processed once and no incorrect patches are applied.
>

> Something could have broken, I never rule out bugs!
>
> Morty had some different semantics than the newer branches (which
> are simplified compared to the auto-resume logic in old releases).
>
> That being said, the capability to have a BSP description in the
> SRC_URI is there, and did work during that release cycle. To have
> it work, you do need the right format in the BSP .scc file, in
> particular something with the KMACHINE and KTYPE descriptions will
> be seen as an entry point, and not trigger the re-application of
> the inherited patches.
>
> Is there any way that I can see the contents of that .scc file ?
> Otherwise, I can spin up a morty build and mock something up
> myself.

Bruce,

I stripped down my bsp later and pushed it github. You can find the
BSP .scc (and the files it includes) here:
https://github.com/gmccollister/meta-orion-minimal-bsp/tree/master/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto/orion-io

The linux-yocto-rt_4.4.bbappend that adds orion-io-preempt-rt.scc to
the SRC_URI is here:
https://github.com/gmccollister/meta-orion-minimal-bsp/blob/master/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-rt_4.4.bbappend

-George