[yocto] Correct way to use a custom bsp .scc file in morty

George McCollister george.mccollister at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 15:20:15 PST 2017

What's the correct way to use a custom bsp .scc file located in my
custom bsp layer? For purposes of this email let's say it's name is
myplatform-preempt-rt.scc. If I specifically add it to the
yocto-linux-rt_4.4 SRC_URI it appears to get processed twice by scc
according to the meta-series output file. It then tries to apply
patches to standard/preempt-rt/base that don't apply. When building on
a intel-core2-32 platform, intel-core2-32-preempt-rt.scc only gets
processed once and no incorrect patches are applied.

If I don't include it in the yocto-linux-rt_4.4 SRC_URI it's never
applied at all. I'm wondering if this a new problem with the last big
push to morty since I didn't notice this before.

I also verified that I can make myplatform-preempt-rt.scc work by
doing the following (only shows as processed once in meta-series and
no incorrect patches applied):
bitbake -c cleanall linux-yocto-rt
bitbake -c unpack linux-yocto-rt
Manually copy myplatform-preempt-rt.scc and related .scc, .cfg files
to the following path:
work/myplatform-oe-linux-gnueabi/linux-yocto-rt/4.4.36+gitAUTOINC+b846fc6436_61d7bf47fe-r0/kernel-meta/bsp/myplatform/
bitbake -c compile linux-yocto-rt

Regards,
George McCollister