[yocto] Labeling Release

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:29:54 PST 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Ronald Oakes <ron at ron-oakes.us> wrote:
> I need to label a release of my image, including all of the Open Source
> components and the ones I've added in a way that I can both reproduce the
> exact build at any point in the future, and I can give something relitively
> compact to our general configuration manager (who is not used to doing CM on
> complex software images, but full hardware systems) for storage.
>
> Any suggestions?

you could create an internal mirror to store the opensource tarballs
from downloads/ directory
and setup own-mirrors.bbclass to point to your internal mirror. this
will make sure that you have
copies of opensource pieces that you need even when they might
disappear from www.

Then you would tag your metadata repositories, This would effectively
also lock the components to a
version since it either uses a given release of locks to given SRCREVs
if a component is built from
a SCM. Once you tag the metadata, then it should be possible to go
back to this version later when you checkout this label/tag you should
be able to rebuild it. It wont be bit-to-bit identical though.