[yocto] Changing over to systemd (no dhcp)

Kristian Amlie kristian.amlie at mender.io
Wed Jan 18 23:20:50 PST 2017

On 18/01/17 16:10, colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com wrote:
> We have a configuration for our embedded system which is working via
> SysV, but we’re investigating moving over to systemd.
>
> Not sure if this is ‘wise’ – if anyone has technological arguments
> for/against then I’d be interested – but I wanted to investigate it anyway.

Not really a technical argument, but I thought I'd just report that we
are running with systemd just fine in Mender, and has been doing so for
a good year now. The road hasn't been completely bump-free, but all
issues so far have been resolved, and lately it's been quite stable for
us. I should point out that since we are a software vendor we don't have
devices in production though, only testing/integration.

--
Kristian