[yocto] Changing over to systemd (no dhcp)

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Thu Jan 19 01:18:55 PST 2017

On 18-01-17 16:10, colin.helliwell at ln-systems.com wrote:
> We have a configuration for our embedded system which is working via SysV, but
> we’re investigating moving over to systemd.
>
> Not sure if this is ‘wise’ – if anyone has technological arguments for/against
> then I’d be interested – but I wanted to investigate it anyway.

Just one. systemd is a bit larger. So it will increase the boot time if your
platform is I/O limited (many embedded systems are).

The good thing I noticed is that it shuts down a lot faster than initscripts.
(I don't understand why I can boot my system in 2 seconds, but shutdown takes
over 5 seconds...)

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert